- Ranked as the most powerful business woman in India in the Forbes list of 'The World's 100 Most Powerful Women 2013'.
- Received the 'Transformation Leader Award' by NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2012.
- Featured for the third year in a row in the Power List 2013 of 25 most powerful women in India, by India Today.
- Is the only Indian to be featured in the Dow Jones list of Most Influential Female Executives in the World of the last decade. She is ranked 12th in the global list.
- Awarded the Businessperson Of The Year 2012 by Business India. She is the first woman recipient of this award in 31 years.
- Topped the list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business" by Fortune India.
- Ranked 18th in Fortune's list of '2012 Businesspersons of the Year'. This is Fortune's annual ranking of 50 global leaders who are "the best in business".
- Ranked fifth, for the second consecutive year, in Fortune's international list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business."
- Ranked 59th in the World's 100 Most Powerful Women by Forbes.
- Named amongst the nine Indian women in the Forbes' inaugural "Asia Power Businesswomen" list.
- Ranked fifth in the list of the "Most Powerful CEOs" in India by The Economic Times and first in the list of "Top Women CEOs" in the country.
- Conferred with CNBC Asia's India Business Leader of the year award and CSR award.
- Named the "Business Person of the Year" by Business India
- Named amongst the "25 most powerful professional women" in the country by India Today for the second year.
- Ranked fifth by Fortune in the International list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business".
- Ranked 17th among the "25 Most Powerful CEOs" in Asia by Fortune.
- Ranked 43rd "Most Powerful Woman" in the world by Forbes.
- Named among the "50 most influential people in global finance" by Bloomberg Markets magazine.
- Named among the "two best Indian CEOs "in an annual poll by Finance Asia.
- Ranked 10th by Financial Times in the "Top 50 Women in World Business".
- Received the "Global Leadership Award" from the US-India Business Council.
- Named "Most Powerful Woman in Indian Business" by Fortune India.
- The first woman to be named as the "Business Leader of the Year" by The Economic Times.
- Featured in the "Hall Of Fame - Most Powerful Women in Indian Business" by Business Today.
- Conferred with the "Transformational Business Leader of the Year", award by All India Management Association.
- Ranked 10th in the list of "Most Powerful Women in Business" by Fortune.
- Ranked 92nd in the list of "Most Powerful Women" in the world by Forbes.
- Conferred with the "Outstanding Woman Business Leader of the Year" award by CNBC TV18.
- Conferred with the "Banker of the Year Award" by Financial Express.
- Featured in the list of "30 Most Powerful Women Leaders" in Business Today for eight consecutive years from 2002 to 2010.
Education & Certifications
For a Bachelors Degree in Arts Mrs. Kochhar joined Jaihind College and after graduating in 1982, completed her MBA and Cost Accountancy. From the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai She did her Masters in Management Studies (Finance) and topped her batch and received the Wockhardt Gold Medal for Excellence in Management Studies. In Cost Accountancy, she received the J. N. Bose Gold Medal for highest marks in that year.